Investments in fixed assets fell by 3.5%
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- In January-March 2021, compared with the corresponding period of 2020, there was a decrease in investment activity, investments in fixed assets fell by 3.5%.
In January-March 2021, 35.6 trillion soums of investments in fixed assets were spent, of which 58.7%, or 20.9 trillion soums, financed at the expense of attracted funds, the remaining 41.3%, or 14.7 trillion soums, at the expense of the own funds of enterprises and the population.
Of the total volume, at the expense of centralized sources of financing, 4.26 trillion soums of investments in fixed assets, or 12.0%, were disbursed, which is 13.3 percentage points less than in 2020.
Accordingly, 31.33 trillion soums of investments, or 88.0% of their total volume, were disbursed at the expense of decentralized sources of financing, which is 13.3 percentage points more than in 2020.
In January-March 2021, at the expense of the own funds of enterprises and organizations, 10.13 trillion soums of investments in fixed assets, or 28.4% of their total volume, were disbursed. At the expense of the population, 4.59 trillion soums of investments were disbursed, or 12.9%.
Due to direct foreign investments, 4.24 trillion soums were disbursed, which, compared to 2020, is more by 1.0 percentage points, or 11.9% of their total volume.
Along with this, due to bank loans and other borrowed funds, 4.25 trillion soums were disbursed (12.0% of the total volume of investments in fixed assets and this indicator, compared to 2020, decreased by 0.9 percentage points), foreign loans guaranteed by the Republic of Uzbekistan, amounting to 2.21 trillion soums (6.2% decreased by 11.8 percentage points), other foreign investments and loans – 8.10 trillion soums (22.8% increased by 8.0 p.p.), the Fund for Reconstruction and Development - 519.7 billion soums (1.5% decreased by 1.3 p.p.), the Republican budget – 1.41 trillion soums (4.0% decreased by 0.1 p.p.), the Fund for the Development of Water Supply and Sewerage Systems - 114.5 billion soums (0.3% decreased by 0.1% p.p.) of their total volume.
The highest indicators and growth rates in terms of sources of financing investments in fixed assets were noted for non-guaranteed and other foreign investments and loans, which, compared to 2020, gave an increase of 49.0%. This is associated with large investment projects, in particular with such as the organization of production and production of cement, fabric and clothing, expansion of the production capacity of the Shurtan gas-chemical complex, construction of a mine for the extraction and processing of gold ores from the Auminzo Amantai ore field - I-II stages, development of the Muruntau open-pit mine (stage V) - stage I, construction of a complex for processing industrial waste - stages I-II, development of the Yoshlik I deposit, etc.
Yoshlik I deposit, etc. In terms of investments utilized through foreign direct investment, an increase of 5.7% was observed, compared to 2020. This can be explained by investment activity in 2021 on such projects as the organization of the production of fertilizers for the soil, the project implemented under the Production Sharing Agreement in relation to the “Uzbekiston Mustagilligi” investment block with additional exploration and development of the “Mustaqillikning 25 Yilligi” field, etc.
In the structure of investments in fixed assets by type of economic activity, the manufacturing industry prevails. At the expense of all sources of financing in this sector, 10 803.9 billion soums, or 30.4% of the total investment in fixed assets, were disbursed.
The mining industry has mastered 4.01 trillion soums, or 11.3% of the total volume in the republic, of which 6.7%, or 2.39 trillion soums of investments in fixed assets were used for the extraction of crude oil and natural gas.
In January-March 2021, 14.55 trillion soums, or 40.9% of the total investment in fixed assets, were foreign investments and loans. In the general structure of foreign investments and loans, foreign investments reached 5.3 trillion soums and, accordingly, 9.25 trillion soums falls on foreign loans.
In general, 11.2 billion soums of investments were spent on the construction of water supply networks, 0.5 billion soums of gas networks.
In total, 84.9 km of water supply networks and 10.6 km of gas networks were commissioned in the republic.