The export volume of IT Park residents will reach $100 million by the end of 2022.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- According to the results of the 1st quarter of 2022, the total volume of services provided by residents of IT Park amounted to 814 billion soums (for comparison: an increase of 186% over the same period).
The volume of exports of IT Park residents increased by 3.5 times compared to last year and amounted to US$17.3 million. At the same time, 85.2% of the exports of residents fall to the United States, the rest to the UK, Korea, the CIS and the UAE. By the end of 2022, exports are expected to reach US$100 million.
In the first quarter of this year, the number of IT Park residents amounted to 588 companies, which is 130% more than the previous quarter. The main share of residents works in the following areas:
• software development;
• data processing;
• automation of business processes;
• IT training, as well as the export of information technology.
Notably, out of 588 companies:
- 479 residents are in the city of Tashkent, the rest
109 residents are registered in the regions;
- 23 companies were established in the 1st quarter of this year;
- 73 companies provide educational services in the field of IT;
- 19 companies were created with the participation of foreign capital;
- 121 companies work for export, of which 53 companies are in the field of development.
In the first quarter, 80 companies received the status of IT Park resident, thus, the growth rate, compared to the corresponding period, amounted to 200%.
At the same time, 14 companies were deprived of their resident status, and 43 companies were denied it.
We remind you that IT Park residents are IT companies and IT training centers that can receive a number of significant benefits:
• income tax — 7.5%;
• corporate tax — 0%;
• uniform social payments — 0%;
• customs payments when importing goods for own needs - no.
In addition, thanks to the benefits provided, IT Park residents create additional jobs and increase the number of IT specialists in our country. Thus, at the end of the 1st quarter of the current year, 11,800 people were employed in resident companies. This increased the number of additional jobs by 184% compared to the same period.