A protocol on cooperation between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan in the field of ICT signed
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - As part of the visit of the delegation of the Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan to Nur-Sultan (Republic of Kazakhstan), the Minister for Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan Sherzod Shermatov met with the Minister of Digital Development, Innovations and the aerospace industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan by Bagdat Musin.
During the meeting, the parties discussed promising areas with a view to strengthening further cooperation. Following the meeting, a Protocol of Intent was signed between the Ministry for the Development of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan in order to strengthen further cooperation between the two countries in the field of ICT. The document provides for interaction in a number of relevant and important areas, namely:
- exchange of experience in the field of ICT policy and best practices in this area;
- broadband fiber-optic networks to ensure national communications, mobile communications, including 5G in terms of network deployment, standardization and technology development;
- development of electronic government, including the introduction of electronic government services;
- exchange of experience in the field of start-ups and training in the field of ICT;
- exchange of experience in increasing the export potential in the field of ICT;
- the use of artificial intelligence, big data, the Internet of things and smart cities in the form of pilot projects;
- exchange of experience in reengineering the processes of the activities of state bodies and their translation into digital format;
- development of digital solutions in the field of assessment and analysis of socio-economic development, including the progress of implementation of national projects, tracking their implementation and achieving target results;
- development of software, digital technologies, as well as broadcast content, 3D viewing and / or hologram technology;
- development of methods for assessing (indicators) the level of digital development and digital readiness;
- joint promotion of projects in the international arena.
The parties noted the great potential for the development of cooperation between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan in the field of information technologies and expressed their readiness to mobilize all efforts for their further development.