The obligation to submit tax returns to individual entrepreneurs to be canceled
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - A Presidential Decree "On measures to further reduce the administrative and tax burden for business entities, as well as improve the system for protecting the legitimate interests of business" was adopted.
According to the Decree, from 1 October 2021, the following will be canceled:
- obligations to submit tax reports to the tax authorities of individual entrepreneurs who are payers of personal income tax in a strictly defined amount;
- bans on the sale and sale in retail trade of certain finished imported consumer goods 12 months after the date of registration of the customs declaration.
From 1 January 2022 to 1 January 2023, the social tax rate for individual entrepreneurs operating in the regions of the republic (except for the city of Tashkent) is set at 50 percent of the basic estimated value, with a 2-fold decrease.
From 1 October 2021, the control functions of the relevant state bodies and local self-government bodies will be canceled.
From 1 January 2022:
- supervisory authorities check the activities of entrepreneurs according to the questionnaire approved in accordance with the established procedure;
- employees of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry with the consent of these entrepreneurs take part in checking the activities of entrepreneurs who are members of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- records in the register of inspections are kept in electronic form;
inspections of entrepreneurs' activities are carried out after taking preventive measures to prevent violations (with the exception of tax inspections, inspections in the framework of criminal cases and operational-search activities).
Until 1 April 2022, the information system "Unified State Control" will be launched, which allows collecting, analyzing and processing large amounts of information related to state control in the field of entrepreneurship.
From 2022, an index of freedom of entrepreneurial activity will be introduced, aimed at identifying and mitigating the level of administrative pressure on entrepreneurs, as well as preventing offenses.