24 districts (cities) to specialize in the production of building materials.
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - A presidential resolution “On additional measures to increase the industrial potential of regions” was adopted.
According to the decree, from 1 July 2021, entrepreneurs implementing projects for the production of relevant building materials are provided by the State Entrepreneurship Support Fund:
- guarantees for bank loans issued as part of the implementation of investment projects, including for replenishment of working capital, up to 50 percent of the loan amount, but in an amount not exceeding 15 billion soums;
- Compensation to cover interest expenses on loans provided to enterprises producing building materials:
- for loans in national currency - in an amount exceeding the basic rate of the Central Bank, but not more than 10 percentage points;
- for loans in foreign currency - 50 percent of the rate set by commercial banks, but not more than 4 percentage points;
- compensation to cover the costs of purchasing test laboratory equipment and the implementation of international quality management standards.
According to the resolution, 24 districts (cities) specialize in the production of building materials, where “small industrial zones” are created.
Under the Association "Uzpromstroymaterialy" a Council for the development of the building materials industry is being created.