MPE and UNICEF: expanding the implementation of alternative forms of preschool education
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 25 November, a meeting was held between the leadership of the Ministry of Preschool Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan (MPE) and the new Head of the UNICEF Children’s Fund Munir Mammadzadeh.
In her welcoming address, Minister of Preschool Education Agrippina Shin congratulated Munir Mammadzade on his appointment to the new position and expressed her hope for even closer cooperation between the departments for the benefit of developing the field of preschool education.
“I would like to express my gratitude for the direct participation and assistance of UNICEF specialists in the development of the Law on Preschool Education and Upbringing, consulting on PPP issues, the development of State Requirements for the Early Development of Preschool Children and the State Curriculum Ilk Qadam, conducting trainings for teachers on work with a new program, development and implementation of EMIS, assistance in organizing two international conferences, modeling and launching alternative forms of preschool education, developing a Professional Standard for a teacher and a national system for measuring the quality of preschool education. I would also like to note the assistance from UNICEF in the safe reopening of kindergartens during a pandemic - temporary sanitary norms and rules were developed, training videos, manuals and posters were prepared. In addition, assistance was provided in the production of educational content for children, including children with disabilities, in order to ensure the continuity of the educational process during the quarantine period,” said Agrippina Shin.
During the meeting, the participants exchanged views on further cooperation, and also noted that work has already been planned and is actively being carried out on:
- introduction of a system for monitoring the growth and development of preschool children;
- revision of the procedures and criteria for assessing the teaching staff of preschool educational institutions as part of the certification based on the Professional Standard of the Teacher;
- the launch of the work of different age game groups in a pilot mode in the regions
Munir Mammadzadeh highlighted the comprehensive approach of the State in solving problems and tasks in education, where work is carried out in cooperation with local authorities, as well as the introduction of the form of Public-Private Partnership into systems to increase coverage, an innovative approach to financing preschool education within the framework of the Improvement early childhood development ”, digitalization of the preschool education system, successful implementation of inclusive education, inclusion of the concept of gender equality in the educational process.
Following the meeting, the following directions were proposed for further cooperation with UNICEF:
- expanding the introduction of alternative forms of preschool education, especially in regions with low coverage and in rural areas;
- technical and expert support for the introduction of compulsory preschool training in the republic;
- preparation and holding of the IV International Asia-Pacific Forum on Early Childhood Development in cooperation with UNESCO, etc.