Over 76 trillion soums to be allocated for the development of social and industrial infrastructure in 2022-2024
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- A Decree of the President "On measures to develop the social and industrial infrastructure of the Republic of Uzbekistan in 2022-2024" was adopted.
The resolution adopted the Program for the Development of Social and Industrial Infrastructure of Uzbekistan for 2022-2024.
Within the framework of the Program, a total of 76. 88 trillion soums will be allocated for the development of social and industrial infrastructure in these years.
Accordingly, the following social and production facilities are expected to be put into operation in these years:
- higher education institutions for 54,230 students and 8,358 students in dormitories;
- general education, creative and specialized schools for 259,101 students, with 248 sports halls;
- preschool educational organizations for 88,310 places;
- medical institutions for 24,213 places.
The Decree established the Republican Commission for the Development of Social and Industrial Infrastructure.
The Republican Commission coordinates the activities of the ministries, departments, economic associations and local khokimiyats participating in the Program.
It is prohibited to use the funds planned under the programs to cover borrowed funds attracted from internal sources, foreign loans and interest payments accrued on them, as well as to allocate loans for the construction of facilities.
According to the Decree, from 2022:
For two years, it is prohibited to include new projects for the construction and reconstruction of administrative buildings of ministries, departments and local governments (except for projects implemented in accordance with Presidential Decrees, as well as projects in newly formed cities and regions) in the programs for the development of social and industrial infrastructure of Uzbekistan;
- in the process of forming programs for the development of social and industrial infrastructure for the coming years, the number of projects (objects) transferred to subsequent years will be gradually reduced, and their commissioning in the corresponding financial year is envisaged.
The objects of educational institutions, the construction of which will be completed in 2022, will be put into operation before 15 August, healthcare facilities and medical and social institutions - before 1 October, objects of irrigation and reclamation systems - before 1 December.