Digitalization of the fuel and energy complex: provide a tool for making an accurate decision
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) – X-Holding is working on a Digitalization Concept for the oil and gas and electricity sectors of Uzbekistan. The goal is for the country’s specialists to have accurate data on the processes taking place in the fuel and energy complex (FEC), which will help to make accurate and timely decisions.
Details are in an interview with Stanislav Kiselyov, Vice President of the Russian diversified IT group X-holding, taken during the INNOPROM International Industrial Exhibition in Tashkent.
- When did your company’s cooperation with Uzbekistan begin and what will digitalization change in the development of the country’s electricity and oil and gas sectors?
- Cooperation with the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan began in October 2020, when the Ministry of Energy showed interest in the experience of the ICS Holding group of companies in the digitalization of the industry. We have relevant experience, in connection with which we were entrusted with the task of creating this Digitalization Concept. Concrete work began in December 2020 after signing a long-term partnership cooperation agreement.
At the moment, we are completing the first stage of work, during which more than 400 interviews were carried out, we carried out more than 200 trips throughout the republic with 60 people. As a result, a description of the current state of automation and digitalization of 7 state-owned companies of the fuel and energy complex of Uzbekistan was prepared. By the end of April, the results of this work will be presented to the Ministry of Energy.
Then we will proceed to the second stage, which will develop a detailed Roadmap and agree on a list of those projects that will significantly affect the efficiency of enterprises, reduce their operating costs, reduce costs, and improve the quality of such customer-oriented enterprises. Thus, it is planned to lay the foundation for the further development of the two industries.
- Will other companies implement your concept or on their own?
- The X-Holding Group has sufficient competence and a quantitative set of specialized specialists to implement the entire project on its own. We point out the involvement of industrial experts, as we need it. This mainly concerns international experience, we cooperate with a number of large foreign companies that help us see what is in the world and find the best solution that can be applied to companies in Uzbekistan. In general, we will implement the entire project with our own team.
- What will change in the near term after the adoption of this Concept?
- There will be a clear map of actions, a timetable for the implementation of projects and digitized goals that will be achieved within the framework of these projects. Thus, the funds spent on these projects will pay off, give an economic effect, and enterprises will feel the immediate effect in the form of cost reduction and an increase in the profitability of companies to which new technologies come.
- At the household level, digitalization in the same in the oil and gas sector very often means a decrease in the influence of the human factor on the same CNG filling stations (automobile gas filling compressor station), where the issue of accounting and balance of gas supplied and supplied to consumers is acute. Are such problematic issues solved during digitalization?
- Yes, of course, we were working with the oil and gas sector and saw this task. At the moment, we propose to consider solutions that will allow you to control the volume of incoming and outgoing gas at the inlet and outlet, including the transportation, sale and sale of liquefied gas in cylinders to the population, since there is such a task. Quite a lot of work has already been done on the part of the same JSC "Khududgaztaminot" regarding the packaging of gas cylinders with tags and equipping the vehicles that deliver these cylinders with a GPS system. Further, it is necessary to link all these sensors into a single monitoring system in order to be able to comprehensively monitor the entire flow of incoming and outgoing gas.
- While this sounds somewhat like from the realm of fantasy, do you think how realistic is this, given the range of territories, the number of the same household gas cylinders, which are most likely produced by different manufacturers, etc.?
- Indeed, a couple of years ago it really seemed fantastic. At the moment, technologies allow the implementation of such projects in less than a year. According to our plan, the first pilot project will be implemented by the end of the summer of 2021 and will provide an opportunity to evaluate the preliminary results. And in the event that these results are well appreciated and accepted, the replication of this system will begin throughout the republic.
- Reducing the human factor at the same CNG filling stations, what will it give to the end user? Will this somehow affect their positive image for the consumer?
- In my opinion, just the same automation of filling stations will allow, firstly, to provide the end consumer with more services, so that he can receive not only fuel, but, for example, another range of services that are already sold all over the world fuel filling complexes. For example, services for the repair of equipment, in particular, gas, replaceable, associated with household cylinders. That is, in fact, it is necessary to create a system for working with the consumer of services, which will, among other things, increase the loyalty of the end consumer. The customer, when he sees that he can purchase a number of services in one place, that he receives this service with high quality and on time, the level of trust of the end consumer in the organization that supplies him with the appropriate gas or fuel will naturally increase.
- To what extent will digitalization of the fuel and energy complex ensure or enhance the transparency of this huge structure, which, in fact, is the basis of the economy?
- In my opinion, this will significantly increase transparency, since the idea of digitalization is also being implemented in the fact that the final places where certain business processes take place will be equipped with sensors and video cameras. This all replaces the human factor, and allows you to bring all the data and an accurate picture of what is happening in a single institutional center both at the level of the ministry and at the level of a specific enterprise. This is necessary so that the management, the management of the company can observe the picture in real time and make timely decisions. Thus, the transparency of what is happening on the ground is increased. Naturally, decision-making remains with a person, in this digitalization does not replace a person, it gives responsible persons a decision-making tool that is based on reliable information. Now this is the most important thing - to receive high-quality reliable information on time and to enable the manager to make a prompt and necessary decision in this situation. This is the task of digitalization.