Digital technologies implemented in public procurement in the field of construction in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Uzbekistan has digitized a tender platform for public procurement in the construction industry.
According to the Ministry of Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the digitalization of public procurement in this area directly contributes to the transparency of the use of budget funds and the fight against corruption. Particular importance in the development of the digital platform was also given to the issues of ensuring competition in tenders, countering conflicts of interest and other offenses.
In total, the following were named among the advantages of the new tender platform: time saving - by half, reduction of procedures - by 1/3, reduction of documents for delivery - more than twice: from 14 to 6; round-the-clock access on line - 24/7.
According to the system, the participants in the new tender procedure are:
- the customer (creates forms of tender documentation (TD), publishes an announcement, forms a tender commission),
- the provider (fills out the commercial package forms, downloads the commercial package attachments),
- tender commission (determines the threshold for passing through the rating, determines the weight ratio of the rating and the Commercial package in the total score, the new tender procedure).
The entire updated tender procedure is carried out according to the following steps:
- the customer hires a consultant to create tender documents and forms a tender commission,
- the tender commission determines the rating requirements for the participants,
- after developing the parameters of the TD, the customer places an ad on the platform of electronic tenders of the Ministry of Construction: the ad is automatically duplicated on the website xarid.uz,
- bidders based on TD and announcements fill out forms on the tender platform and upload offers,
- at the end of the deadline for accepting offers, the system, on the basis of the specified parameters, sets the date of availability of the commercial package of offers for evaluation by the tender commission,
- when accessing the commercial package, the commission checks the bank guarantee and security guarantee, and in case of delivery of inappropriate data disqualifies the participant
- the system automatically puts points on the commercial package: in case of discrepancy of resource parameters in the completed form with the form provided by the customer, the latter is automatically disqualified.
Based on the weight proportions of the rating points and the commercial package, the total score is set: here the tender winner is the provider who scored the highest total score, after which the customer enters into an agreement with him.
We also note the updating of tender documentation: this is Form No. 1 - Price offer for work, which is filled out by the provider in the form of an electronic form. Further, the platform automatically reads points on offers based on interpolation. Form No. 3 - The general schedule for financing the construction of the facility - is also filled out by the provider in electronic format, while, despite not being evaluated, it is an integral appendix to the contract. Form No. 4 - A summary table, a statement of the physical volumes of work and resources for an object, and a price table for the main pricing components - is filled out in the form of an electronic form. Then, in automatic mode, a reconciliation is made for data compliance with the amount of Form No. 1 and with the form provided by the customer. If the information is not reliable, the offer will be disqualified, if it is, on the contrary, points will be set according to the Regulation in the automatic mode.
The number of investments in the new platform was reduced from 10 to 2: this is investment No. 1- Guarantee of security for participation in the tender (after loading by the provider, it is checked for authenticity by the tender commission, in case of inaccuracy the participant is excluded from participation in the tender); attachment No. 2 - Certificate of availability of working capital in the amount of at least 20% of the value of the subject of tender or guarantee of the bank to provide these funds, 4-local statement.
The winner of the tender will be determined by the point system: points from the Rating of the contracting organization - 60, points on the commercial package - 70, weight fraction in the total score - 50-30, weight share in the total score - 50-35, total score - 65. Then they are summarized , and the provider with the highest score wins the tender.
It is noteworthy that the rating system of contracting organizations is a kind of effective tool for evaluating and developing a business. The possibility of its application - thanks to the evaluation factor - in order to optimize and improve tender procedures in the construction industry thereby reduces their number and the number of documents: as a result, tenders are reduced to one stage, while preserving all the characteristics of a two-stage process.
According to experts, the new electronic platform is not inferior to advanced foreign counterparts, while surpassing most of them in terms of process automation, in particular, it allows to conduct tender and competitive bidding remotely, which is extremely important in the context of the coronavirus epidemic.
The implementation of this system will allow improving the Doing Business conditions and implementing the recommendations of the OECD International Organization within the framework of the Istanbul Anti-Corruption Action Plan.