US$100 million allocated to rebuild infrastructure and provide housing for victims of the Sardoba accident
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The President’s resolution “On financing measures to address targeted support to citizens affected by the emergency on the dam of the Sardoba reservoir and rehabilitation of infrastructure” was adopted.
In accordance with the resolution, in order to provide housing for citizens affected by the emergency at the dam of the Sardoba reservoir and to restore the infrastructure, the equivalent of US$100 million will be allocated from the Reconstruction and Development Fund on an irrevocable basis.
These funds will be directed to the relevant ministries and departments for the construction, reconstruction and repair of road infrastructure, clean drinking water and sewage systems, social facilities in the affected areas.
Also, the funds will be used for the construction of multi-apartment residential buildings and transfer of ownership of apartments in constructed and unrealized multi-apartment buildings in Sardoba, Akaltyn and Mirzaabad districts in 2020-2021 to families whose residential buildings are demolished or have become unsuitable for living.
According to the resolution, budgetary funds in the amount of up to 1.150 trillion soums provided for in the Program for the Development of the Social and Industrial Infrastructure of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the activities of defense and law enforcement agencies will be optimized.
Optimized funds are sent:
- to reimburse the following funds allocated in 2020 due to the costs of socio-economic development of the regions in accordance with the instructions of the President:
- funds allocated on the basis of Presidential Decree No. P – 5569 to the local budget of Syrdarya region;
- funds allocated on the basis of Presidential Decree No. PP-4581 for financing loans under public-private partnership agreements, in accordance with which, until 1 December 2019, work on the creation, construction, reconstruction, repair and equipping of non-governmental preschool educational organizations with private partners was carried out in the amount of not less than 25 percent;
- funds allocated to the local budgets of the Jizzakh, Tashkent, Kashkadarya, Surkhandarya, Ferghana regions and the city of Tashkent on the basis of Government Decree No. 950 to cover arrears of damages resulting from the seizure of land and demolition of real estate owned by citizens and businesses;
- funds allocated to the directorates for the management of small industrial zones to ensure the creation of new small industrial zones with all the necessary infrastructure on the basis of Presidential Decree No. UP – 5953;
- for allocation of funds to the local budget of Bukhara region (including for reimbursement of previously allocated funds) on the basis of Presidential Decree No. P – 5567;
- funds allocated to district budgets for the introduction of land on the basis of Presidential Decree No. PP-4700.