Russian specialist on innovative approaches to the development of the tourism industry in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- During the celebration of the 28th anniversary of State Independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Anastasia Pavlova, head of the Tourism Committee of the Business Center for Economic Development of the Commonwealth of Independent States, shared her assessments of the modern development of our country, the press service of the Embassy of Uzbekistan in Russia reports .
- Anastasia Valerievna, as the head of the Committee on Tourism of the Business Center for Economic Development of the CIS countries, what can you name the key successes achieved in the framework of cooperation with Uzbekistan?
- Our committee, together with the competent expert community of international experts, has launched the CIS + MIR international public tourism program, which today covers representatives from more than 90 countries. The main purpose of the program is to create new, effective prerequisites for ensuring the demand for tourism products from the CIS countries in the international arena. The project was presented at the International Economic Forum on the theme “CIS: Digital Economy - an Integration Platform” (Moscow, on 15 March 2019). The topic of tourist development of Uzbekistan was also voiced at the event.
We express hope for the further development of high-quality cooperation in the field of tourism with Uzbek colleagues. A meeting of the CIS Tourism Council, held on 9-10 July in Samarkand, showed the interest of Uzbekistan in finding innovative approaches to the development of the tourism industry.
- How do you assess the reforms and transformations in the field of tourism carried out in recent years in Uzbekistan?
- President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev is a very progressive and far-sighted leader of his country. My colleagues and I cordially welcome the initiatives of the Uzbek leader in developing the tourism industry of the republic.
Having proclaimed tourism one of the strategic areas of the economy, the President laid the foundation for progressive evolutionary processes in this area. The know-how introduced into the industry arouses respect and admiration in the professional community. For example, the recently announced initiative to introduce the Open Skies regime in a number of air harbors of the republic serves to increase the effectiveness of ongoing reforms in the field.
Naturally, the development of the tourism industry of any state contains a lot of questions and requires the most balanced approach. Taking this opportunity, I would like to express hope for increasing cooperation with Uzbekistan in the framework of joint programs. Currently, we are developing specific proposals for their substantive discussion with Uzbek colleagues and inclusion in the tourism agenda of Uzbekistan’s chairmanship in the CIS in 2020.
- What, in your opinion, is the advantage of Uzbekistan as a tourist destination?
- Speaking of the tourist attractiveness of your country, it is necessary, first of all, to note its glorious historical heritage. The cities of Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, delicious national cuisine have long become tourist brands of the republic. In addition to world-famous historical monuments and beautiful natural landscapes, in Uzbekistan there are many more mysterious secrets and mysteries that many tourists have yet to discover. For example, few people know that in Uzbekistan there are real tetrahedral pyramids, whose age exceeds 2700 years. Millions of years ago, Uzbekistan was home to numerous dinosaur populations, whose remains are still found by paleontologists.
In my opinion, Uzbekistan is the birthplace of the great commander Amir Temur, a country of starry sky, gold mines and clear water that can be drunk directly from the tap.
- Your wishes to the people of Uzbekistan on the occasion of the 28th anniversary of State Independence ...
- I sincerely congratulate you on a significant date and wish the leadership and people of the republic a peaceful sky, progress and further success. As the great Temur said: "fate is in my hands and happiness is always with me." Your fate is in your hands and your happiness is always with you. Happy Holiday!