Uzbekistan bans forced involvement of entrepreneurs in work not related to their core business
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- The President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed a decree “On Additional Measures to Strengthen the Protection of Private Property and Guarantee of Owners' Rights, Fundamental Improvement of the Organization of Work to Support Entrepreneurial Initiatives, and Increasing Access of Entrepreneurs to Financial Resources and Production Infrastructure”.
In accordance with the Decree, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, the khokimiyats of the regions, the city of Tashkent, districts and cities are prohibited:
- forced involvement of entrepreneurs in work not related to their core business, including sponsorship and charity support, landscaping, landscaping, collection of scrap metal and waste paper, as well as other work;
- attracting entrepreneurs to seasonal work in agriculture (sowing and harvesting) and other activities related to the diversion of labor resources, cash and other material values;
- conducting meetings and other events with the participation of entrepreneurs on a compulsory basis, including under the threat of applying administrative or other measures against them.
Starting from 1 January 2020, the following powers will be transferred to the respective Councils of People's Deputies of the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokims of regions, Tashkent, districts and cities:
- the seizure and transfer of agricultural land from one farm to another;
- the seizure of land owned, used and owned by individuals and legal entities for public and state needs.