President signs law on privatization of non-agricultural land
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 13 August 2019, President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev signed the law “On the privatization of land plots for non-agricultural purposes”.
In accordance with the Law, land privatization is carried out in the following forms:
- redemption by legal entities and individuals of land plots that are on the basis of permanent use (possession) or inherited lifetime possession;
- sale of land through an electronic online auction.
According to the law, residents of Uzbekistan - individuals and legal entities can privatize land.
The following land plots are not subject to privatization:
- located in territories, which do not have approved and published layout plans;
- on which mineral deposits are located, strategic objects of state ownership that are not subject to privatization, the list of which is determined in accordance with the law;
- that are part of the lands of environmental, recreational and historical-cultural purposes, as well as lands of forest and water funds, general use of cities and towns (squares, streets, driveways, roads, embankments, squares, boulevards);
- infected with hazardous substances and susceptible to biogenic infection;
- provided to participants of free economic and small industrial zones.
The law comes into force on 1 March 2020.