The Second Power Uzbekistan International Exhibition will open on 25 September in Tashkent. The event will take place at UzExpoCentre, and will be open for the professionals of the energy sector until 27 September.
The organizer of the Power Uzbekistan 2007 is ITE Uzbekistan international exhibition company, a leader in the expo-market of Uzbekistan.
In an interview with the World Energy magazine, the Director General of the ITE Uzbekistan Iskander Yakubov commented on the importance of the exhibition to the development of the fuel and energy complex of Uzbekistan.
- On 25 September, the Second Power Uzbekistan Exhibition will open in Tashkent. What projects in the power industry have already been implemented by ITE Uzbekistan?
- Power Uzbekistan 2007 Exhibition will be our second project. The first and a very important experience was the Oil and Gas Uzbekistan Exhibition. In fact, the success of this event inspired the idea of organization of this new project, Power Uzbekistan. The exhibition will be organized for the second time this year and will be conducted as an independent event. The need for this gradation was determined by the nature of the exposition and the desire of the participants. We clearly distinguished two segments – oil and gas, on one side, and electric energy (power industry) on the other.
Power Uzbekistan 2007 is intended to provide an opportunity for the demonstration of the scientific and industrial technology and equipment that could be potentially used in the power industry of Uzbekistan, an opportunity to find clients and partners, expand the sales market for domestic and foreign producers, expand the cooperative contacts between different sorts of enterprises, organizations, firms and investors. ITE Uzbekistan’s projects in the electrical energy sector are organized with the support of Uzbekistan’s state structures, which naturally reflects on the status and level of the event. Power Uzbekistan 2007 has received the support of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of Uzbekistan, UzbekEnergo State Company, Ministry of Agriculture and Water Management of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Tashkent city khokimiat (authorities) and the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of Uzbekistan. Organisational assistance was provided by our old and constant partner – UzExpoCentre.
- What will be the main sections of the upcoming Power Uzbekistan 2007?
- Today, our country – a state with an intensively developing infrastructure, has a huge fuel and energy complex. The content of the exhibition includes a wide range of products, highly demanded in the power sector of Uzbekistan. This includes generator machines and component parts, low-voltage equipment, high-voltage equipment, cables, wires, accessories, insulating materials and insulators, transformer technology, electronics and electric components, controlling and metering devices and automated technology, wiring equipment and electric tools, energy saving technology and equipment, alternative energy sources, etc. A separate specialized section of the exhibition will be given to lighting technology.
- What measures is ITE Uzbekistan taking to create a business atmosphere at the exhibitions?
- Our exhibitions are united by the business model of the ITE. The power industry exhibitions are organized and conducted by the ITE’s partner offices in six countries of the world. In Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, these exhibitions are conducted under the general brand "POWER". With an extensive experience in the expo-market of Uzbekistan, it is extremely important for us that the quality of Power Uzbekistan corresponds to international standards, and the requirements of the participants.
We hold on to the "business for business" principle. The organizational work involves attracting participants, as well as specialists to whom these exhibitions represent any interest. The venue is a business centre in Tashkent, the developed infrastructure of which provides an opportunity to the participants to use to use the exposition area to the maximum benefit, and the visitors’ time and power are used efficiently.
- What, in your opinion, are the attractive aspects of the energy component of the fuel and energy complex for investors?
- Energy sector is fast developing segment of the economy, which corresponds to the general dynamic economic development of the country. The Presidential decree "On intensification of economic reforms in the energy sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan", definitely is of interest to potential investors. According to the decree one of the priority areas of reforms in the energy sector is wide attraction of foreign investments in the existing enterprises of the industry. The investment attractiveness is determined by the opportunity to expand production in correspondence with the growth of internal and external demand for electric energy (power), and the mutual interconnectedness and mutual dependency of the power systems of the countries of Central Asian region. Located in the geographical centre of the united energy system of Central Asia, the energy system of Uzbekistan plays an noteworthy role in maintaining uninterrupted power supply to the consumers in the region, as well as the transit of electric power and export supplies to the neighbouring states.
- What would you like to say about this year’s exhibition?
- We are convinced that the very fact that the Power Uzbekistan 2007 exhibition is being held is a sign for the world community, reminding companies of the opportunity to expand business together with the ITE Uzbekistan. I am sure that Power Uzbekistan 2007 will be a platform for business communication of the specialists of the power industry, and will speed up the expansion of the areas of cooperation, the establishment of new business contacts, and the integration of Uzbekistan with the world economy. I wish all participants of the exhibition successful business in Uzbekistan, prosperity and wellbeing in the future.